Have you ever made a log cabin quilt? I made this one in the early 2000's. I didn't put a label on it. I was new to quilting back then. Shame on me! I took a class to learn how to make this quilt. I hand quilted it in blue thread. It seems funny now that I took a class because the log cabin block is one of the easiest blocks to make.
This is my newest log cabin quilt. One of the monthly groups I attend, Modern Quilt Therapy, voted to make this quilt during the year. It is from the Nov/Dec 2013 Quilty magazine. Cynthia Brunz is the designer. I used the border fabric as my focal fabric to pick out the "logs". All the fabric was from my stash. My friend Laura did the machine quilting.
Here is another version of the log cabin block. I made this for a friend a couple months ago.
The pattern came from this new magazine--Block. I decided to subscribe for at least a year. I like the stories written along with the patterns.Two more of the ladies finished their log cabin quilts. As you can see this one was done in opposite lights and darks compared to mine.
Here is the back of the quilt.
Another one done. Sorry I can't show the whole quilt. We meet in a small room and it is hard to get good photos.
With Passion,
Carrie P.




28 comments:
I love Log Cabin quilts! Yours is pretty awesome Carrie :)
Some very beautiful log cabin quilts , one of my favorite blocks , the possibilities are endless which you have shown here .
WOW -- it's amazing how many quilt variations you can make with a Log Cabin block. Thanks for sharing Carrie and congrats on your beautiful finish!
Love your log cabin quilts, Carrie!!! Very inspiring!
Log Cabin quilts are timeless. I have never made one, but it's on that list we all have!
Love your quilts and the ones from the ladies, it is a beautiful and versatile design. I am tempted to do one with my flannels.
Debbie
They're just stunning - all of them, Carrie! I love the chicken, too. Hmm...you have me interested in that magazine!
Cheers!
I love all these Log Cabin quilts! Congratulations on a beautiful finish Carrie.
My first quilt, from a beginner's class, was the log cabin. It's amazing all the different designs that can be made from such a simple block. I've never seen the ones you shared - very nice!
Log Cabin is one of my favorite blocks, but I have yet to get all modern and jiggy with it! I love your modern version...and your friends'. I will have to check out the new magazine...I've never seen it!
I love log cabin quilts - and your star-log cabin is wonderful!!
Thanks for sharing this beautiful works!!
Hugs
Deborah
I loooooooooove log cabin quilts. These are awesome.
These are all so stunning!! I just love how all the fabric colors come together. Each one is so Beautiful!!
I have never made a log cabin quilt. Its on my list. 😀 I love the quilt your group chose to make. I'll be adding that to my log cabin board on Pinterest.
Log cabin was my first ever quilt block :)
Wow pretty quilts and the backs are as lovely as the fronts.
I just love log cabin quilts and your are inspiring
The log cabin is one of my favorite patterns - and oddly enough I haven't made one in years. Love all of yours and maybe they'll inspire me to make another. :) blessings, marlene
It is cool to see the first and the most recent! I gotta say though, I am partial to the most recent rendition. Laura does beautiful quilting!
Super cute little hen! It has been way too long since I've made a pincushion. I need to remedy that!
The back is just as amazing as the front on that one...wonderful log cabins!
What inspiration!!! I've never made a log cabin block, I've started but you know me and piecing, lol - they come out all wonky. I'll probably make a liberated one at some point!
I love log cabin quilts. Your's is a beauty.
Excellent measure of your progress as a quilter!! Both log cabins are delicious!! Cute, cute chicken pincushion. I made a couple, but they didn't come out as cute as yours. Have a happy day!
I've been seeing so many giant star quilts so your old log cabin has a very modern look about it. But I must say I really love the freshness of your new modern quilt.
It is so much fun to look at traditional blocks in a fresh modern way. All of the quilts you showed are so interesting and my head is buzzing with ideas!
This is so interesting, due to different effects from the differing colors!
Those log cabin quilts are really beautiful. And the backing is really great too! I think that hen is adorable!
Simply amazing how versatile one block is. My first log cabin is called Wild Thing, black/red/white, made for my son when he was in Kindergarten in 1994. I hand quilted it with black thread in the ditch! You can't even see the quilting lines. Love all of the quilts here and that adorable chicken is to die for!
An enjoyable post Carrie, I loved seeing all the different versions! I still haven't made a log cabin quilt but hope to....one day!
Post a Comment