Friday, March 13, 2009

More Tea Swap

The Tea Swap is in full swing.  Ladies are receiving their packages left and right. As you know I posted mine yesterday and so did Darlene.  Thanks again Darlene.  This is what I sent Darlene. I a saw pillow pattern similar to this in the Quiltmaker magazine but I changed the center stitchery because it had a vase full of flowers.  It was very cute but I wanted something to reflect the tea theme thus the cup and saucer.
Remember the little bag I made and I showed several days ago?
Here is what was in it. I think you might have figured out that Darlene's favorite colors are red and blue. 
This was my first time participating in a swap since I started blogging. It has been fun to read the other blogs and see the sneak peeks and then to see the reveals.  Stephanie has been a great hostess.  She got the information out promptly, kept us updated, and sent out reminders that the time was getting close to send out our package. If you go to Stephanie's blog you will see the list of names, click on them and see what all the other ladies have received.  From what I am seeing the ladies in this swap are very, very talented.  A big hug and thank you go out to Stephanie for being the hostess with the mostess!!

This past Monday night was my guild meeting.  Number 3 UFO was chosen.    Click here, scroll down to the end of the entry and you will see a quilt I have made.  Well, UFO 3 is the same quilt just in a different colorway.  I am not going to show you the quilt until it is finished.  I am taking it to a longarm quilter next week.  Here are few pictures from show and tell at the guild.  These first two pictures were made by the same person.
This is another Southern Album quilt.
Isn't this one cute with all the snow people?
With Passion, Carrie P.

Throw your heart out in front of you and run ahead to catch it.  Arabian Proverb

26 comments:

Darlene said...

I'm still smiling! :-) Thank you again, Carrie!

Purple and Paisley said...

wow - wonderful gifts you sent! i love the pillow! ☺

Crispy said...

Wow the recipient will be sooo tickled when she recieves her package. I'll have to keep an eye out for the next round...if she has one. What a fun idea....as I'm a tea drinker and can't stand coffee LOL.

Crispy - heading off to Stephanie's site to check it out.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

All this pretty is one post! The tea swap goodies are all wonderful!

Salem Stitcher said...

I love the pillow you made Darlene. This swap was a lot of fun! It's even more fun now seeing everyone's packages arrive.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Darlene is going to smile every time she see that gorgeous pillow. You ladies are all awesome and talented!

I love it when you do show and tell. Always wonderful projects.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh you two were wonderful swap partners for each other, such lovely goodies sent by both of you, how fun to see all the goodies coming in!

Candace said...

Carrie - you never cease to amaze me with your work! The pillow is wonderful - did you do some coloring on it or is that the fabric? And as always, your guild members are one talented group!
Cheers!

Cindy said...

Carrie - you simply make me smile with your many beautiful creations.

Betsy said...

you made lovely gifts too.
Lots of lovely eye candy on your blog. I enjoy it so much.

Kaaren said...

Simply put...simply beautiful. I think you and Darlene made awesome swap partners. And the quilts speak for themselves. They're wonderful.

Linda said...

Oh please can you explain " tea swop " I have just met candice and it all sounds great fun. I an an antique textile dealer in the UK
Best wishes Linda

KaHolly said...

What fun you've all had with your tea swap! I've enjoyed following along. Hey, those quilts are beautiful..are they all needle turn applique? Even the Snowmen? You are great for inspiration.

Robin said...

Fun show and tells! The pillow you made is great-- I love the stitchery. That Southern Album quilt is gorgeous, and the snowmen are darling! Can't wait to see the finished UFO#3. :)

Sherri said...

The pillow you made Darlene is absolutely gorgeous! And I love the quilts you shared...especially the southern album quilt! I agree that Stephanie is the hostess with the mostess!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

What a beautiful embroidery on the cushion, Carrie! Lovely work as always.

Carol said...

What wonderful gifts! I know Darlene is smiling. Cute snowman quilt at Show and tell.

Rumi said...

Wonderful swap items! Love your quilts too!

Annette said...

Your pillow is absolutely stunning!

Karen said...

I had already seen your pillow that you made Darlene on her blog. It is so pretty! I am not a tea drinker but I do like teapots. The teapot Darlene sent you is certainly a gift to treasure!

Anonymous said...

Darlene certainly had her socks blessed off with that gorgeous parcel you sent her. Just adore the pillow/cushion you made.

Eileen said...

Hmm.. I am just noticing a trend here. I have not received my swap gift yet.. but I'm thinking.. it is the same person I sent mine to..right? :-D That Stephanie! She really did make this a great swap.
I have to go back and see what Darlene sent you. I just love all your little treasures you included in hers. And the pillow is a masterpiece!
Your quilt guild meetings are so wonderful. I'm off to click your link..

retdairyqueen said...

Just visited fo the first time
Your quilts and things look great

Phyllis said...

OMGosh that pillow is gorgoues....and so much work in the details!

Anonymous said...

Oh my what a lovely pillow. Hasn't this swap been so much fun!

Linda said...

Can I introduce you to Jo at Cowslip Workshops in Cornwall Uk , she loves Applique .
The atmosphere on this working Farm is inspirational,we can't wait to go back at Easter when Lizzie and me will be her guests with all our antique French linens and textiles Linda