My Christmas block came from the Winter 2011, Volume 4 Quiltmaker's 100 blocks magazine. This is a Crabapple Hill pattern. I knew when I saw it I would make this one day. There are so many great block ideas in the magazine. The center of the Dresden plate is a ceramic button. Looks like a real peppermint. Part of the design is colored with crayons. If you look on my sidebar I have a tutorial to show you how I do this technique.
I made the block into a twelve inch square pillow which will be given to my son and daughter-in-law for Christmas. For those of you are new to my blog I am making the couple a different pillow cover for each month. I will give them a box with twelve covers at Christmas! At least that is my goal. They said I could not give them any more quilts so I thought this might be fun for them to have something new on their couch each month. You can see some of the other pillows here, here, here, here, and here.Now for the giveaway. I have a half yard of Christmas fabric. It is called Winter Wonderland by Ingrid for Moda and three handmade felt ornaments. These ornament patterns came from a book called Heart Felt Holidays. There are so many cute ideas in that book for all the holidays of the year. So what do you have to do for a chance to win my giveaway? Just tell me what kind of ornaments you put on your Christmas tree. Mine are Hallmark and glass ornaments. I have been collecting Hallmark ornaments each year since I have been married.
Now it is time to visit:
Shelia's Quilt World
Cherry Blossoms Quilting Studio
Jane's Quilting
Sew me Something Good
A Stitch in Time
Aurea at That Other Blog
Quilt Times
Marcia's Crafty Sewing and Quilting
Patchouli Moon Studio
Quilting By The River
Make sure I have an email so that I can contact you if you are the giveaway winner. I will draw a name on Sunday.
I would like to thank Lesley and Madame Samm for allowing me to participate in this blog hop. It has really been fun.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
170 comments:
I love the pillow - gorgeous. And what a fun gift for your friends. Ornaments...we put ornaments from my childhood on there - ones that my mom has been collected for 30+ years. It is so cool to go through the box and recall the year and the reasoning behind each one.
I love the pillow too! I'll have to look and see if I have that issue so I can make it too. When my kids were small we always put up the same ornaments every year and they loved that. I divided them up among the kids and now I like to try new things. There are always homemade ornaments of course.
Love the dresden Lollipop. Makes a yummy quilt block. Thanks for the inspiration!
What a adorable pillow. Thanks for sharing!
I've have collected ornies from cracker barrel for years and now they have stop selling them. I would buy one for each grandchild so that when they turn 18 or leave home to start there life, they would have there first set of ornies for there first Christmas away from home!
Lv2sew 2011 at yahoo dot com
Since we moved to our new house, we put up two trees. One has our family ornaments, collected through the years, and the other has my glass ornaments that I have collected since we were married. I love your beautiful pillow.
I love the dresden plate pillow and the sweet peppermint button. Thanks for sharing...Judith, Texas
Great pillows. I hope your son doesn't read your blog so they will be surprised. I don't put up a tree but I decorate around the house with Quilt wall hangings and on the mantel of the fire place.
LOVE this idea for pillow, THANKS
Beautiful idea for a pillow! My ornaments for the tree are a mixture of ones from my childhood, ones collected over my married life and the ones I buy each year for my two children. I started on their first birthday to buy them a decoration each year which they put in their special Christmas box. Then when they leave home they can take them with them.
You have such a great idea - making twelve pillow covers that they can change out. And I love the Christmas one you have put together. My tree decorations are an eclectic mix of ones I received when I was a child and ones I bought when my kids were small. I am slowly weeding out the paper and playdough ones the kids made, as they fall apart.
I love your pillows! I have downsized my Christmas ornaments. I now use the Hallmark mini trees and the tiny ornaments, Thank you for the great giveaway
Precious pillow and a fabulous gift idea! Thanks for sharing. As for my tree...it is decked out with all kinds of ornaments....the only rule is they must reflect my family in some way....we have some sentimental hallmark ornaments and we try to pick up an ornament from each vacation destination....it has become a beautiful way for us to reminisce about how blessed we are. Thanks for the giveaway!
Your pillow is beautiful! I'm going to see if I can find the pattern...love it.
We have glass ornaments on our tree plus every year we buy one special, ornament that represents that year ( house when we bought a house, dog ornament wen we got our dog, ..you get the idea .)
I love Christmas
Oooh this is so lovely - I have only just discovered dresden plates and seem to have had a little run on making loads of them! My Christmas tree is full of ornaments that we buy each year on holiday so its a real motch potch of stuff (from Disney to London items) but we all love it! Thanks for sharing.
Love your new cushion cover. It is gorgeous!!
I have a hodge podge of christmas ornaments> I still love to put the ones the boys made when little the most. They have such lovely memories.
Very cute block. My Christmas tree is decorated with collected ornaments from our years of married life and the most significant ones are the hand made ones by the kids.
Thanks for offering the giveaway and participating in the blog hop.
How lovely! I love to put white and gittery stars on my tree!
Hi Carrie I think this is a wonderful idea about the pillows and I love the one you just completed. Finally after all these years I have been able to have one of my trees filled with only handmade ornaments and then the other is all my other ornaments...I wish you and your family have a wonderful holiday season...
Your block is gorgeous. I think you should consider creating your OWN block for the Quiltmaker magazine. You are so creative! They are always on the lookout for new talent. And pillow covers - super idea. My kids said "halt" on quilts, too!
I love your block, it is cool thast you used crayons on it.
Love the pillow...but think of christmas already!!
Ouch !! :-)
So creative and wonderful. Thank you for sharing today.
The block is great, and what a clever idea about a cushion for each month.
I love the pillow. I will put reindeers and santas :)
Love love love that pillow!!!! I need to find that pattern!!!
I love that pillow---and what a cute idea for your son and daughter-in-law!! I have quite a combination of ornaments but most of them are handmade---either by me, family or my favorites: my boys! Thanks for the chance to win!
Lovely pillow. I have a variety of Christmas ornaments on my tree that I've collected and been given over the past 40 years. A favorite is a starfish painted to look like Santa. Thanks for the giveaway.
I love your dresden flower!
Most of my ornaments are homemade and some are passed down from my Mum!
I am so glad you did this block and showed us how to do it! I have admired it since the magazine came out and have fallen in love with this block again. You did a fantastic job! Great idea to gift pillow covers! Your giveaway is so very generous. My tree only allows Santas on it...though just a couple are hidden amongst the branches that say "Baby's First Christmas". Thank you so much for participating in the blog hop with such a gorgeous block! Off to buy some crayons!
L'idée est très bonne, j'aime.
Votre oreiller est très joli.
Pour Noel,j'ai un centre de table et quatre recouvre chaise en velour que j'ai brodé.
Merci et Bonne journér
Good Morning Carrie..you know I saw that block too...and I thought...oh my goodness, it is better than the original...great stitching Christmas into our hearts...
always happy to see new techniqes. Your pillow is very pleasing to the eye and very well done. Thank you for the give away. aurea.gillis@gmail.com
I LOVE your project!! Good job!! My tree is filled with poinsettias and gold tinsel and gold beaded garland. Now that the kids are older we tend to skip the ornaments if they are not around to help put the tree up for long! Everyone is so busy, we do what we can for decorating together! We used the poinsettias one year when everyone was super busy, liked the look and it has become tradition! Everyone usually thinks a designer decorated our tree...LOL...nope! Just busy kids!
Dresden candy - Yummm. Thank you.
Home-made ornaments by friends and famiy are what I like just like your wonderful felted ones.
Must look up that book. Thank you for all the gifts.
I have ornaments that were my mothers and ornaments made by my children (who are in their 30s now) and crocheted snowflakes made by me. Thanks to the chance to win!
The pillow is beautiful! Love your stitches.
The ornaments on my tree are a mish-mash of favorites collected over the years.
this pillow is awesome. love the stitches and the little candy in the middle! thank's for the chance to win and have a wonderful blog hop. hope to see you on my blog sunday have a giveaway too
Hi Carrie, The block is fantastic. I love the little Dresden plate. The peppermint button gives it a special touch. Then to add the awesome embroidery. It is a great pillow cover.
My tree is a mixture of ornaments made by the boys as they grew up and gift ornaments I have received.
Thank you for sharing your awesome work.
That pillow is gorgeous and what a great Christmas present idea! I have several trees, but my favourite is the one with all of my glass balls. I love them because the tree just sparkles with the tree lights on and the room lights turned off. Thanks for the giveaway.
Beautiful, Beautiful pillow. So very pretty. I have a tree in every room of my home each Christmas and many different themes going on. One is just snowmen, one is rustic/primitive ornaments, one is a Yorkshire Terrier tree. One is all handmade ornaments from everyone. Thank you for the giveaway.
With 11 grandchildren ranging from 1 month to 15 years, I have put away my glass ornaments. I have replaced most with many, many different little teddy bears.
Great pillow! I decorate differently each year, depending on my mood. I now only use a small tree, either real or artificial and sometimes I only use lights, sometimes just animals, whatever. Thanks for the giveaway!
Beautiful little pillow! I put glass ornaments, that I have collected over the past forty years on our tree. And with each ornament there is usually a story of either why we picked that one or where we were when we bought it. Thanks for being part of the hop, have a great day.
I really love your pillow , what a wonderful idea for a present . I use an assortment of ornaments , some purchased but many are homemade that I have done through the years ,yours are adorable. Thanks for sharing .
Carrie, Love the pillow. Can't really think of any of your work that I don't love. Since we are retired military, our Christmas tree ornaments reflect our taste and travels. I have filigree brass, spun glass, and various balls collected from various communities we have adopted through our travels -- those balls sold by local historical or civic groups that have years and significant landmarks, events recorded on the ornaments.
awalters_nc@yahoo.com
Great pillow. I like to change up my tree every few years. Last year it was filled with stars and glass birds and pine cones.
What a fun idea to give pillow covers. And what a fabulous cover you did my dear. I LOVE it!
Just love that pillow with perfect button! Where did you get the button? I like the idea of all the pillow covers!! Your project is an absolute beauty!
I think that this Christmas cushion cover is the best you have made so far this year. My tree has handmade ornaments by my children when they were small and by myself. I also try to collect something for our tree when we go on holiday. Vicki vickilorraine at hotmail dot com
The dresden block is so cute! I love it. And what a great idea to make 12 pillow covers. I would love to receive a gift like that. Our tree is dripping in glass ornaments collected over many years.
We like to put on hand made ornaments. We have been doing it since the kids were little and I ran a daycare. We had projects to keep us busy each year that daddy was away in the military, we would send him an ornament too. Now our tree is full of ornaments that the kids made, and now that they are all grown up I am making ornaments of my own.
What a darling block. I love that candy mint button, it's perfect. Thanks for sharing. I wanted to comment, but please don't enter me in the giveaway as I would rather someone else won, so if you choose me, then pick again, Thanks.
I had to laugh when I read that your DS/DIL said you can't give them any more quilts! The pillow covers are a really neat idea! Love the Christmas one. I have a variety of homemade and store bought ornaments on our tree. My parents used to own a Hallmark store, so we got lots of Hallmark ornaments, which are some of my favorites.
Carrie I think this is my favorite of all the pillows you've made. I know if I were those lucky recipients I'd be thrilled! blessings, marlene
what a great idea, 12 pillow covers! the button is just perfect. I so enjoy the blog hopping and seeing everyone ideas.
annstorlie@yahoo.com
Wooden ornaments from GErmany, quilted ornies from swaps, glass balls, crocheted snowflakes, a little bit of everything!
What a gorgeous pillow cover! I love the idea of one for each month!
I put vintage glass ornaments on my tree. I have ornaments from the 1930's through the 1950's.
What a great idea for gifts--quilt pillows. Our ornaments are some new, some old, some homemade, some bought. We have so many that I can't put all on the tree.
I love your block. I wish I knew how to embroider. That would be so cute to hand on my door at Christmas. I have mostly hand made Angels on my tree. And some cows of course. Cows are very relaxing and make me smile.
What a cute idea! I love the pillow. I started when my children were young giving them each an ornament picked just for them and include myself and my husband. Each year our collection has grown. When each child married they took their collection which meant my tree had less but I who could notice. I usually buy a Santa for my husband and for the sons who are now all fathers. The rest are random. My tree is charmingly eclectic.
Such a cute pillow! The rickrack edge just makes it perfect.
I decorate with a whole hodge podge of ornaments. Lots of home made ones from my children.
I have the magazine too and hope someday I will have a gorgeous pillow like yours. I am going to have to try the coloring on fabric. Thanks the inspiration and for sharing in the blog hop. I have a lot of handmade ornaments on my tree. Happy stitching!!
I have been buying 1 special expensive ornament each year to add to all the bits and pieces that my boys made at school which after 20 years are gradually falling apart. Sharyn
Carrie,
You make the most adorable things. That Dresden Candy Cane candy is too cute.
And the ornaments are just as yummy!
That is beautiful! Such a nice gift plus all the different monthly pillow covers--I'm sure they will love it!
Your pillow is gorgeous Carrie - lucky kids! I just finished a Crabapple Hill pillow too.
One kind of ornament we have a lot of is salt dough ornaments that I made.
Love your block Carrie! That button is also adorable. What a wonderful Christmas gift you are making with the pillow covers.
Our tree decorations are "eclectic" aka...a real mish mash of stuff...crafts the kids made, gifted decorations, special occasion/trip ornaments, a few balls in red and silver, and a few crocheted stars from my MIL. It's quite a sight, but I love it!
Your twelve pillows are made with so much love. What a really thoughtful present. I really admire you. That's a lot of work and applique is indeed beautiful and hard work. So, your present of 3 handmade felt ornaments is one to be treasured and cherished. Thank you from a follower and participating in the Think Christmas blog hop and giving us all a chance to win your ornaments and the 1/2 yard of Winter Wonderland.
Sandi T.
sandit1@sbcglobal.net
The Dresden is just gorgeous. Very nice design!
I have a collection of the Waterford ornaments on my tree. I love them with the colored lights shining off of them.
Love your pillows and the idea for gifts. I like to make cross stitch ornament sets to gift. Thank you for sharing with us all today.
My husband and I have been collecting christmas decorations since we both left home (and 10 years or so before we met each other!), each year we buy a new one each, often from a holiday or weekend away so they all have special memories
LOvely X-mas pillow :)
I try to get a ornament to relate what the kids are into at the time.'Like soccer or hello kitty something to bring memories back :)
Have a happy sewing day
Marta
O.M.Gosh... I LOVE your block - Pillow. It's gorgeous! What pretty little ornaments too!
Love the pillow! It is beautiful!
My Christmas tree is decorated with silver, crystal and white lace ornaments that my hubby and I have collected for many years.
You do Beautiful work. I love the small wall hangings and pillow. Thanks for sharing with us all.
I just love the idea of a pillow cover for each month/season/holiday! I use to make garden banners and gave one for each month as a 2nd wedding gift. Most of the ornaments that go on our tree are handmade. The women in my family make handmade ornaments each year to give to all the women. Your ornaments are beautiful and would look great on my tree! Thanks!
I'm so excited by seeing all these Christmas items! Your's are just beautiful! I love the use of the peppermint button in the center! I like to decorate my tree with apples and cranberry strings. Now don't get too excited. They are fake apple ornaments and fake cranberry strings but it looks so old fashioned to me. hulseybg@gmail.com
I love your pillow. It is so perfectly Christmas.
Our tree has mostly hand made ornaments.
quilting dash lady at comcast dot net
So very pretty! Looks perfect in a pillow!
Carrie that is just gorgeous! I've yet to see a Crabapple Hill pattern I don't like, they have such beautiful stuff. Love how you colored it too, and the idea of pillow covers is brilliant.
Don't enter me in the give-away hon, the ornaments and fabric are beautiful but I'm opting out of give-aways these days!
I like hand made ornaments on my tree. I love yours! I love your pillows too. Thanks so much for sharing...
I'm in love with the Dresden plate design. The coloring technique is one I've fallen in love with...going back to my childhood. You do such lovely applique work.
My tree ornaments are primarily a hodgepodge of children's classroom crafts and ornaments picked up on vacation or places the family has gone. Good Memories to relive each Christmas
Blessings and Ho Ho Ho
Gmama Jane
Oh so cute! Love your pillow! I love my ornaments... And have many, including a collection gathered over the years hand made in beeswax from candy molds... One old fashioned santa even sports some tooth marks from our beloved dog Ginger. These ornaments were on the tree when my son was young ( unbreakable.). I also have a rather extensive collection of Margret Furlong angels whosr bodies are cast from scallop shells... They have sweet heads & expressions and hold different objects: cross, flowers, presents etc. thanks for the chance to reminisce and to win a great prize!
What a beautiful pillow! I couldn't stop looking at it. Crabapple Hill's designs are over the top gorgeous.
I love Crabapple Hill patterns and your pillow cover is just as good as I would expect from them.
On my tree is a total mix of ornaments-all kinds, all materials from all kinds of sources. No "theme" at our house!
WOW! What a beautiful pillow! And I liked the idea of making a different one for each month. I know they will enjoy these.
On my tree is a collection of Hallmart ornaments that I have been collecting for some time now, but the ones I love the most is the ones my grandchildren made for me. They are so precious and mean more to me than all the others.Thanks for the giveaway.
The pillow is so pretty! I love the button. What a great gift!
We have a mix of ornaments. Most of them are probably different snowmen though. My favorite one is a tin snowman and snow woman who are holding each other bottoms (the back and front are shaped tin). I've been collected snowmen ornaments since my teens but started looking for snow couples once I got married:)
Cute, cute pillow. I'm intrigued by the crayons. Martha at Knit One Smock Too is doing a year-long project class with that technique and it's beautiful!
That pillow is beautiful! We have a lot of different ornaments on the tree. We have collected ornaments from all over the world. Even if I don't get to other decorations....the tree always goes up!
We have a very eclectic mix of ornaments on our tree. One of my favorite is a soldier that my son carved out of a bar of soap. Thanks for the giveaway!
Love the pillow. It is gorgeous, as are all the others... We have a serious montage of ornaments and collectables on our tree - everything from when the kids were in preschool (and some of these are looking seriously worn, but still get put up), to the annual collectables that our eldest receives from his godparent each year. These are mixed in with the odd glass or hand made ornament that has either been collected, purchased or made over the years.
Thanks for the opportunity and the visit.
bonnielarson58@gmail.com
Your pillow is very pretty and that is such a good present idea of 12 pillow covers to switch out through the year. Favorite ornaments: the crocheted snowflakes my mother made.
Each year I think I must revamp our somewhat well loved ornaments. Some of them are from hubby's parents, they're getting a bit worn, but each year out they come again and you know what, with the lights glowing off of them and the kids chattering about the base of the tree, I find they're just perfect.
Thank you for the chance
The pillow is beautiful, Carrie. Another beautiful addition to their variety of pillow slips you made for them.
Adorable ornaments. :-)
I've enjoyed seeing the pillows each month. This one is particularly interesting to me. I want to do that coloring technique. Thank you for the great tutorial. Your Merry Merry block is lovely and full of beautiful design. Your kids are going to love it!
For decorating at my house, I like some country items and a lot of Debbie Mumm.
I too like homemade ornaments and this year I'm going to add a few more quilted folded-star balls to my littlw 5" fake potted tree. It's just the right size for us and has a real homey feeling to it.
Thank You for the chance to win your pretty fabric and ornaments. I also love your idea of a pillow covers as gifts.
Hi Carrie, I love that cushion I will store it away for sometime in the future to do!!! Thank you also for the lovely giveaway. The ornaments I put on our tree and ones I have collected since DH and I were first together, and they are everything, our tree looks very different but I love it. Susie x
We put up ornaments that we received as a wedding gift 30 years ago as well as ornaments that we have collected for the kids every year. Soon they will all go to the kids- once they have places big enough for a tree! thanks for the giveaway!
What a gorgeous pillow! What a great problem to have, too many quilts! hehe. Love the 12 different pillow covers idea. I also collect Hallmark ornaments. A coworker got me started like 20 years ago. I have cut down and not started any new series in a few years, just finishing up the ones I have. I also use ornaments that are special, ones the kids made and friends have given.
Thank you for a great giveaway and a chance to win. Beautiful fabric and the ornaments are awesome.
usairdoll(at)gmail(dot)com
I have mostly handmade ornaments on my Chrismas tree.
Beautiful pillow cover! This is a great idea for a gift. I have been a follower for quite a while and enjoy your blog. I decorate our Christmas tree with hand made crochet angels. It started when our 3 sons were small and I needed unbreakable decorations!
lovely work thanks for sharing! I usually decorate in red and gold
I love Dresdens so I immediately loved your pillow. The collection of pillow covers is a wonderful gift idea for your son and DIL. Do they read your blog? I have an eclectic assortment of tree decorations. I divide them over 2 trees. One is more casual and homemade and the other has my glass and glitter. Thanks for the giveaway.
LOVE your beautiful pillow!! Love it!!!! :-) On my tree I have mostly ornate glass ornaments-- along with some special handmade ones that I've collected over the years. Thank you for the chance to enter your giveaway! Merry Christmas!
Love your Dresdan Plate Christmas Pillow.I looked at your other pillow covers too all of which are great.Our tree has been getting decorated with things that the grandkids have been making along side of White santa decorated balls.
My husband and I were just married last September, so we do not have many ornaments on our tree as of yet. The ones we do have are ones I have passed down from my mom and some 1st Christmas ones from the family :)
My favorite ornaments are our "annual" ornaments. We buy one each year and it has the year marked on it. We've done it since our very first Christmas together in 1980.
What a beautiful pillow- such wonderful stitchery and a cute button. My tree is covered with lots of eclectic decorations- a few handmade, some ceramic, glass and a couple of Hallmark once from the very first years that my husband and I were together.
Thanks for the chance to win some lovely felt ornaments and fabric.
Warmest regards,
Anna
I love the Christmas blog hops and enjoyed your entries.
I too, love Hallmark Ornaments and have some, but I have collected antique toys, that are ornaments.and also different typical ornaments from other countries.
Thank you for this opportunity.
Pearl Black - sblacmin@bellsouth.net
THAT IS ONE AWESOME BLOSSOM, AND YOUR WORK PERFECTION CARRIE!! Is a great design but even more fun is that it's mixed media. (I am going to have to hunting to find that pattern). Thanks for the links to your other pillows, I had seen most but somehow managed to miss 2, I may have been dazzled by something else on your blog those days, lol!! I have a mixed bag of ornaments. From my very first ornament from my grandma to one from my grandkids today. Thoe oldest, a little red angel ("the one with a bit of devil in her", my grandma said) is 50+ years old. heehee!!
Your crayon marking looks like true embroidery. Your children will love the idea of the pillow covers. I might use that idea!
I live in an RV so I have only a table tree. I use mostly Hallmark miniature ornaments that were my mothers - on the tree, but I hang larger ones around the RV.
Marsha
http://quilterinmotion.com
I just love your dresden lollipop!
Thanks for the tutorial on using crayons. We have a large tree and
also small trees throughout the house. We have an assortment of ornaments collected throughout the years. In my kitchen, the tree I use on the island, has kitchen utensil ornaments. Thanks for the
chance to win.
I love the pillow. hugs
Great idea for Christmas gifts. We have anything and everything on our tree. My in-laws started giving us Avon ornaments every year. I give each of my kids and grandkids a Hallmark dated ornament for each year. That way when they move out on their own, they have some special ornaments.
I love your pillow idea - a pillow for each month and/or holiday. We only put handmade ornaments on our Christmas tree, either handmade by one of us or someone else. One year we painted wood ornaments that were part of a kit. My MIL was alive then and I'm sure she had never done anything like that before, so they're special now that she's passed. Of course we have all the ones our girls made in elementary school and any that i had made. We have several silver ornament collections that you can't buy anymore, but we display them elsewhere in the house.
I lovr yout pillow completed project. I plan to also go back in your blog to see your past projects.Please enter me in your drawing.
I did an overhaul of my Christmas ornaments a couple years ago. Pottery Barn had an ‘after Xmas Sale’ & I started a new ornament style of silver balls, mirrored ornament and crystal- like ornaments & garlands
I love the pillow. I have that magazine and thought that block was so pretty. Your button really makes the block extra special. i put all different types of ornaments on. Mostly non breakables but last year put the glass ones on since the kids are all grown now. but i think i like the ones we bought when we would travel. Hallmark ones are a favortie too.
The ornaments I put on the tree are the ones I grew up with. When mom passed away I got all ornaments. Also put ones on that my kids have made. Thank you for a chance to win book.
I always put on some small wooden ornaments which I have had for many years.
I will definitely have to check out the tutorial...wonderful post and giveaway!
Your pillow spoke to me! I think this is the first time that I have been to your blog. I love the idea of the pillow covers for a gift. My nephew is getting married in Oct, so I might just have to consider such a gift.
I use all kinds of ornaments, some even from my parents' first Christmas (1943). I have lots of snowmen of all kinds on our tree, along with lace ornaments that a very dear friend made me about 20 yrs ago.
Beckie in Brentwood, TN
Wonderful pillow, it's like artwork. Great idea about the pillows.
Hiya! I love your pillow, and the idea for Christmas is fantastic!
My tree is covered with everything---from children's handmade ornaments to adult handmade ornaments to dollar store ornaments to decorated quail egg ornaments bought on vacations, it's an eclectic mixture of memories and love.
Thank you for having the giveaway. Blessed be, hugs!!!
love your pillow! and like the idea of a pillow cover a month! i crocheted my christmas ornaments 30 years ago, all different, all starched and sprayed white thread.
Oh Carrie,You know how much I love your work. This is just stunning. What a super fun Christmas gift, wish I had thought of that!
Your pillow cover is gorgeous!! It will make a beautiful gift. My tree is filled with ornaments that the kids and I have made over the years. We do have some purchased ornaments, but most are handmade.
I love the peppermint pillow!
I'd seen that in the magazine and thought I wanted to do it too.
Good tutorial on coloring. I have some purchased embroidery blocks that I would like to color. The kit says that if you iron them that the blue pattern will become permanent. So I can't think of how to stitch them and color both. Any suggestions?
Another beautiful pillow Carrie! Love the button in the middle!
Love, love, love the pillow, it is beautiful! I've been doing a lot of embroidery lately and this was a great inspiration for me! Thank you for a chance to win such a wonderful giveaway. I put a collection of ornaments that we have collected over the years. Now that my boys are grown, I'm collecting glass ornaments!
Your pillow is beautiful. Thanks for the link to the tutorial for coloring with crayon on fabric. That is something I will definitely try. I have a mixture of different kinds of ornaments some hallmark, some homemade and some glass balls.
Beautiful work. On my tree you will find not a single ornament that's alike. Mostly different angels gathered along the way and unique ornaments from my travels. And, some home made ornaments from my son when he was in school. 35 years ago.
You pillow is wonderful!
Love that pillow and how fun to make covers as gifts! My tree is filled with ornaments that are handmade (by my children, late MIL and myself); vintage glass ornaments and Hallmark collected through the years.
I put handcrafted ornaments on my tree. I'm also making quilted ornaments for my granddaughter each year!
I made felt folk art ornaments for my tree. Love hand made ornaments.
I think they will love the pillows!!! Your ornies are very cute!!!! I use ornies handmade by kids and grands and add the grinch that stole Christmas ornies!!! Love that cindy lou who!!!! Thanks
That is soooo Crabapple Hill. And beautifully done, too, by you! Thanks for a wonderful give-away. I would love those ornaments for my tree(s). Some years the largest tree is loaded with all the ornaments, other years it's more woodland and natural.
Your pillow is too gorgeous and I wish it were mine!! :) :) Seriously you did an amazingly beautiful job and thank you so much for sharing!!
Your pillow is beautiful! I like to put as many home-made ornaments on my tree as possible.
Beautiful block, Carrie! I love that you made it into a pillow to give as a gift (cool idea to make a cover for each month of the year!). I bet it will be cherished.
Thanks so much for sharing and being a part of this fun hop!
What a darling pillow. Love it. When we got married in November 30 years ago someone gave us a Christmas ornament. Ever since then every year when we take a vacation, far or near, we collect an ornament for our tree. It is so fun to pull each one out as it brings a wonderful memory of our family times together.
My tree is decorated with an eclectic array of store bought and homemade ornaments. Some have been passed down from one generation to the next, while new ones are added each year.
Deborah
homemakerhoney @gmail .com
What a sweet pillow! That is a fabulous way to use a Dresden! (I popped over to visit and return the compliment- only to see you have a giveaway!) I think I might need to follow you!
Love the pillow sooo creative!! I only have handmade ornaments on my tree from my mom, grandma, myself, and children!!
Hello Carrie,
What a beautiful block and my favorite dresden, now I am going to hunt down that magazine to make a block of my own. Our Christmas tree holds two of each ornament, of which I have collected from craft shows over the years. The ornaments are now conversation pieces when the family comes over and remembers what was going on the Christmas they were purchased.
Bobbie
That pillow is amazing! Our ornaments are handmade, gifts, and a lot from vacations all over the place.
Beautiful pillows! On my tree are hand-made ornaments and blown glass icicles with ribbons of color inside the clear glass and twisted. Other decor items are from my times in ceramics and woodworking/tole painting.
I love the pillows and I love the idea!!! What a great Christmas present for your son and DIL...
You know I may have to steal that idea for next year...
Love your giveaway....
nhsarab at yahoo dot com
Oh Carrie - what a gorgeous pillow!! Your family will be so spoiled at Christmas. :-)
Hmmm...ornaments...well, we have lots and lots of handmade ones that the kids made when they were little, a few Avon collectables, and some ornaments that have been made as gifts. All lovely, and every one of them telling a story.
Hugs
Jenny
xx
Carrie - what a fun pillow choice - they will love it. Our Christmas tree is a combination of ornaments the kids made when they were little, plus I buy a new one each year. So it's a mish-mash, and so fun. Each ornament has meaning.
I especially like to put little wooden ornaments made in Germany. Along with those, we have several handmade ornaments from friends and family. Just recently, I made up boxes of ornaments for when our kids set up their own homes so there are several ornaments that are temporarily retired.
Love your detail work that adds so much to your finished piece! A case a month is a great idea!
My Christmas ornaments are mostly gifts from friends. We like to exchange them. There are all shapes and sizes.
It's gorgeous Carrie! I loooooooooove it! Love the ornaments too! So fun!
I love the beautiful pillow. Most of my Christmas decorations are ones My kids and grand kids have made through the years
Love your block/pillow. Great embellishment, too. Pefect button for the flower center.
I buy an ornament each year when we go on vacation. This year I bought a little house that looks like the Biltmore in Ashville, NC. I used to buy all of my kids one ornament each every year, but stopped when they moved out. They had enough to decorate their own trees (because maybe I bought more than one sometimes!)
Absolutely LOVE you pillow its gorgeous.Thnak-you for the give away.Our ornaments are handmade and special ones we have picked for each other over the years.Thank-you again.Becky
derry04@yahoo.com
I love my antique ornaments and any that are handmade! thanks!
Oh! The pillow is Gorgeous! You did such great job!
We decorate our tree very mismatched w/things Kiddo's made when they were little, and now the Grandkiddo's. Also things we "just love"...lol! Not sure what to call the "Style"??? lol
Love the lil' ornaments you made...they will look grand on our tree! And I will put the fabric to good use too! Thanks for chance to win! :)
HELLO! LOVE YOUR BLOCK-JUST GORGEOUS!
THANKS FOR THE POST+GIVEAWAY!
msstitcher1948@yahoo.com
Your block is beautiful. I love Dresden plates no matter how they are used and the red and white button in the middle is perfect. We have 2 trees. Our artificial tree had Hallmark ornaments that we have collected for our 2 children along with the ornaments they made in school when they were growing up. We cut down a Christmas tree each year and that tree has our collection of German glass ornaments.
thanks for the chance! I put a box of random ones we bought two years ago as starter ones. I'd love to start making my own but di would hate to see the go to waste.
I love the design you chose to do your pillow with! Into my inspiration files!! Thanks so much for hopping!
Another cute pillow! I have collected ornaments since I was a kid. Some are homemade, church bazaar, from places I visited or gifts from family or friends. I have an eclectic Christmas tree!
This is so so cute!!!
Didn't get the chance to finish hopping till now. Love your peppermint middle! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment