Since I have taken up reading blogs I find myself doing a lot of embroidery which I have not done since I was a little girl. There are so many talented ladies out there that share their talent with us. One of the blogs I read is
Knot-y Girls Stitchery Club. It is by Meg Hawkey of Crabapple Hill. I love her designs and have done several of her patterns. It was another one I just could not pass up. And if you are like me you have time to get it done before the September one is published. LOL

With Passion,
Carrie P.
You can not always have happiness but you can always give happiness. Anonymous
29 comments:
Me too! I haven't embroidered for years, but everyone in the Blogsphere seems to be doing it! Now I'm tempted. I'm not a "heart" person, so I can pass on this one, but there are lots of other designs that are quite appealing. And I'm thinking of trying to design a couple of my own, maybe to combine with pieced blocks.
Oh very sweet!
The block is so pretty, Carrie! I've downloaded it, but not gotten a start yet --- until I saw yours!!! Thanks for the inspiration!
Cheers!
Well, Miz P, would you prefer to be referenced henceforth as "Supportive Enabler" or "Bad Influence" ?
I downloaded most of the freebies from Crabapple Hill. I'm off to investigate the Stitchery Club (I seem to qualify as a Knot-y Girl). :sigh:
You're right, it seems to be the "in" thing right now and I'm loving it. But this stuff takes SO LONG to do!! (I'm sooo tempted to free-motion it on my sewing machine!!)
oh, carrie! it's gorgeous!
Knitting, crocheting, embroidery. Lots of that going around and it's contagious I tell ya! No cure. Gorgeous block.
Oooh, I love it. I have definitely been caught up in the embroidery frenzy and wonder what I did before I blogged--must have been pretty boring.
What a lovely design, you've done a lovely job of it.
Stephanie's right. It's all too contageous. Now we just have to increase the amount of hours in a day.
Gorgeous job, Carrie!
Blogging took me back to embroidery also. I'm really glad I jumped it with both feet. That block is beautiful, Carrie. And, tempting, too. :-)
Carrie, that BOM looks lovely. I love visiting that site also, so inspiring all of their projects.
Carrie you did a beautiful job.
Carrie I cannot email you personally because the link for that BOM has spyware and my computer froze. I had to use another computer to let you know that the link may be dangerous.
This turned out so pretty. I too have been doing more stitchery lately. Its fun.
I haven't embroidered for years either, but all these pretty designs make me want to start again. I wish there was at least another 6 hours in every day! :)
Don't you just love stitcheries. You don't have to count anything like cross-stitch. It's so relaxing!
You are a pro! That is adorable.
If you would have told me 5 yrs ago that I would be doing embroidery, I would have thought you were on crack. Now I LOVE it.
Your work is always worth a second and third look, simply beautiful and elegant.
Back in the cyber world, trying to get a feel again slow but sure.
I'm so enjoying getting caught up on everyone's projects, their families, their interests and just "life".
Carrie, please forgive the extended time I had away from blogging. I have a few dear blogs to catch up on and yours is absolutely one of the ones I return to time and again.
hugs and blessings
You and me both - I need more hands and more time! I'm saving them all though. Love your heart, it turned out darling!
Beautiful pattern and beautiful stitching!
What a lovely design...
Pattern is beautiful...
___________________
Melvin
Apply now Nation wide cash
Beautiful job Carrie! I went to the site and printed the pattern so I may give it a go. I do like to embroider though I don't do it often.
What a pretty pattern. I did a french knot the other day on an applique block and was really impressed that it came out right, like you it's been many many years since I have embroidered.
Crispy
Gorgeous!
Though I've only recently started embroidery, I understand what you mean! As I've found new blogs, and seen more and more beautiful embroidery, I've been so inspired! I actually just recently bought a Crabapple Hill embroidery pattern to try and do as a Christmas gift. We'll see how it goes! :)
That heart is just lovely!
Your embroidery is gorgeous!
Your little heart is so delicate and dainty....and I love the word
'dance' with it!!
So pretty - I love the little french knowt around the heart and the flowers. I have to check out the link.
What a pretty little embroidery!
Post a Comment