While I have been writing on on my blog I have met some very nice people. I continue to meet nice people which has made blogging very enjoyable to me. I have to admit when I started this I wasn't so sure it was going to be much fun because I did not know a lot about the computer but let me tell you I have learned a lot. I really enjoy reading the comments and visiting everyone's blogs. You all are so talented and inspirational to me. Keep it up!
Now back to "Nice People." Several entries ago I mentioned something about a knitting for needy project that I had read about in a Mary Janes Farm magazine.
Elaine over at Soggy Bottom Flats Quilting and Stitching read that post and asked if she could send me the newest issue. I said yes, if she wanted to. She did and she also included these two very pretty red fat quarters.
How very nice of you, Elaine. Thanks so very much.

Another very nice person is
Linda at All Stitched Up. She along with Stephanie were the hosts of the Christmas in July swap. Linda was having a giveaway and I won one of her wonderful bag patterns that she has designed. Such talent. Thank you very much Linda.

With Passion,
Carrie P.
Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises. Demosthenes
18 comments:
Like quilters, bloggers ARE very nice and that makes quilting bloggers the absolute BEST!
There are a lot of nice bloggers out there! Speaking of nice bloggers....we're leaving for Pilot Mountain in the morning, thanks to you. Gee, I hope I remember to take the camera and new batteries! Boy, there are a bunch of antique places listed on the Surry County website.
I agree Carrie, meeting people through blogging has been wonderful.
Enjoy your gifts, the magazine looks intriguing.
Caught up on your last two posts, they both captured me, fun trips, full of inspiration. I just love lighthouses, they are full of history.
The bag is very cute, great win!! Bloggers/Quilters are the best people in the world, alway so generous!!
Crispy
I, too, have met some very nice and generous people since blogging. It has been a great ride so far!
I'm so happy to call you my friend and thrilled you decided to jump into the world of blogging with both feet. You have so much talent to offer and you're work is so inspirational.
Your'e right about blogging. The inspiration and sharing common interests from people close and far away is something I've really enjoyed.
Well, Carrie, I think you can add yourself to that list of 'special' people in the blogging world. It was you who first commented on my blog and mentioned for folks to come over to say hello to a 'new' blogger back in January of this year. I too am fortunate to call you my friend. ((Hugs))
Yes, blogging quilters...how can they not be wonderful people?
Looks like we all agree that bloggers are best! It is fun for sure!!
Nice people and nice things sent your way - enjoy Carrie!
Well, nice people attract nice people!
I agree - I was amazed when I first started at how wonderful and supportive bloggers are. Love your latest goodies.
Oh yes - blogging has been an incredible journey for me as well. I started so I could comment with ease on other blogs, and have found a wonderful world of the nicest folks ever! Congrats on your win of the bag pattern, it's so lovely - and how sweet of Elaine. And Carrie, you are one of those nicest people ever!
Hi Carrie, I couldn't agree with you more on all the great blogs and bloggers out there. It's so nice to visit people who have the same hobbies and interest as you do.
Your trip looks like you had a wonderful time and some great stitching done as well.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie
I was so happy when you actually started blogging.. after exchanging a Christmas Cottage block with me!.. because you have so much to share and I've learned a lot from you about applique. Plus all of your posts are eye candy. :-)
Blogging has opened a whole new world of inspiration and friendship for me too! It is pretty awesome. :)
That bag pattern looks so cute!
I really enjoyed looking at all the new blogs and getting that inspiration from all the quilts that were shown.
___________________
Melvin
Get easy cash at your door step
Post a Comment