Thursday, June 7, 2012

Drudgery and Fun

I will admit that one of the things about quilting I do not like to do is the borders. The borders are finally on my Hop To It quilt and I will be delivering it to a long arm quilter soon. I will show you the whole quilt when it is finished. For now the drudgery is over and you can see the mitered borders. I just love that floral fabric.
 Now for the fun! Today starts the Book-A-Round at All About Applique. The first stop is Stitch This! Martingale. Go see what Jenny made and enter for a chance to win your copy of Kay's new book.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

14 comments:

Yvette said...

Hi Carrie, putting borders on is on of my least favorite things too. I think I would like it more if I had a bog table to be able to lay my quilt on to measure and pin and not the floor. I love your mitered corners!

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

Hey congrats!! I see you won a cool prize at Kelly's I Have a Notion.

Brandie said...

I love that brown floral! Beautiful!

M and M plus 3 said...

I can't wait to see your quilt. A lot of work goes into our applique. I've been missing the process so I pulled an unfinished work back out. Awwwwe...my therapy!

Loris said...

That floral fabric is beautiful! Lovely work with the miter! I did that once and still can't imagine how :-) Seriously..I read the instructions and forgedabout it!

Heather said...

I agree, borders are my least favorite.

Janet said...

I can`t wait to see you whole Hop to It quilt. I love the pieced sashing. The border fabric is very lovely!

Robin said...

Woot!!! Congrats on getting those borders on! They may not have been fun, but they look great. I can't wait to see the quilt in all of its finished glory! :)

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

Yeah you! Can't wait to see the whole quilt!

Candace said...

Love your miters, Carrie! It really puts that added touch to a quilt!
Cheers!

Allie said...

Good heavens a mitered border - I'd hate borders too if I mitered them, lol! But oh Carrie it looks heavenly. I can't wait to see it quilted and bound.

Teresa said...

I am with you on the borders - but they really do look nice when you miter them, and yours looks VERY nice - great job.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I have to admit that borders aren't my favorite thing either, I love mitered ones!

Miss Hillbilly said...

I've never mitered a border yet. I am chicken!