Monday, June 4, 2012

Another Month Flies By

Can you believe it is June already? I really have not done a whole lot for the month of May but I did finish up some BOM. This one is from Clover and Violet. Quick and easy.
 I finally got to the embroidery part of this H&H BOM.
 I played bingo during the month of May. I did get a bingo but someone got one before me. I kept playing  trying to get a blackout but as you can see I didn't do that either but it was fun.
 So as words were called I sewed on my black vintage buttons. Check out the one in the middle. It looks like a tiny bowl. I really can't imagine putting that on a piece of clothing.
 I did get around to harvesting the garlic. I also bought a canning pot and all the essentials so I can be ready when veggies are ready to pick.
 I had to show you these beautiful Bluebird eggs. This is the second time this spring a pair of bluebirds have used the house. That is going to be one crowded nest when those babies hatch and start growing.
 If you look close for the brown spot in the Myrtle tree you will notice another Cardinal nest. There were babies chirping up in it.
 The mom and dad birds were not happy I was there. So I got the dad's picture and left.
 This past Saturday my husband and I took a day off from working around the garden and the house. We visited three farmer's markets and drove to a old working grain mill.  It was perfect weather and we enjoyed every relaxing minute.
 Here is the inside.
 Outside was a stone used for grinding at one time and in the center was a female Cardinal.
With Passion,
Carrie P.

22 comments:

Darlene said...

Lots to enjoy from you today! Thank you for sharing, Carrie.

Brandie said...

I love the birds and the nest! You have such pretty red birds in your area. We don't have Cardinals.
Did you buy and flour from that gorgeous mill? Maybe for some garlic bread?

Loris said...

Thank you for sharing the cardinal sightings. It's the only way I get to see them :-)

Sharm said...

What a great post! I really enjoyed visiting with you. Have a great week.

Lynne said...

It's nice to think of spring on another bleak and cool winter's morning! Thanks.

Allie said...

Your BOM's look great! Sorry you didn't get the bingo win...
The garlic looks so yummy, and canning too - wow. How lovely to be so self-sufficient, and KNOW what's in your food. Love it. The pic of the bluebird eggs is so, so pretty! The mill looks like a great place.

Janet said...

How wonderful to have so many baby birds in your yard! Those are beautiful eggs. I love your clover and violet block - such gorgeous color!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Love your H and H block Carrie!
Such sweet little birds. Your home is the perfect place for cute critters.
That mill is just totally cool. Would love to see that in person.
xx

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh, those bird eggs and the cardinal are beautiful! I love your American cardinal birds...
Hugs
Jenny
xxx

Abby and Stephanie said...

That blue is color only Mother Nature could create. How fun to visit the old mill. I just love old buildings.

Karen said...

Three wonderful finishes! And, how beautiful are the eggs.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful projects Carrie! We have a grain mill nearby but it isn't used anymore. It is in a park and we always enjoy visiting it.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

The photos alone are a wonderful therapy!

Love the top block...it came out really nice.

Smiles,
Kelly

Candace said...

Cute projects, Carrie! Love how you are drying your garlic and lavender! You're so fortunate to have bluebirds and cardinals - they're so colorful! I love old mills - how cool that it's still working!
Cheers!

Annette said...

I like your pretty blocks with the hand work on them. Looks like you are having a good summer.

KaHolly said...

You've managed to get a lot accomplished, considering the time of year!! And you know I LOVE your bird pics!!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Beautiful blocks Carrie!
I love seeing all those wonderful pictures...and those bird eggs are so precious!

Anonymous said...

What happened to all the other blogs you used to have listed on the left side of your blog page?
I liked to read yours then go to some of the others

Diane

Purple Pam said...

Love your Clover and Violet block. Did you sew your Bingo card? Your trip to the mill looks interesting.

M and M plus 3 said...

Lots of great pictures Miss Carrie. And your blocks are wonderful. At least your getting something done. Hope PT is going well.

marina said...

the cardinals are such pretty birds. Love the pics of the mill and your blocks are gorgeous. Looks like your bingo card is filling up. Very cute with the buttons.

Robin said...

You sure do keep busy! :) The blocks look awesome! My boys would have loved to see the mill. I'll have to look and see if there is something like that around here.