This past Thursday my husband and I took a day trip to Raleigh to the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo. There were several quilt displays put on McCalls's Quilting, Fons and Porter, Gammill Longarm Artists, Quiltmaker, and the Art and Science challenge. Here are some of the quilts in the exhibits.
Quilt Alliance Auction Quilts. After traveling, these house quilts will be auctioned on ebay in November to support the projects of the Quilt Alliance.Quilts of Valor display
NYC Metro Modern quilt guild display
Here is Sir Walter Raleigh all dressed up and no place to go! This statue is outside the convention center.
One reason I really wanted to go the expo was to see the Primitive Gatherings booth. I know I walked around that booth for thirty minutes. I didn't want to miss a things. I bought some fabrics and thread. I also bought this wool quilt kit . You were only allowed to take a picture of a sample if you bought that pattern. I did take a picture but you can just see it on her web site. All her stuff is much prettier in person. I just wish I had a bigger budget. There were so many things I would have liked to have bought. This was probably the closest I will ever get to the shop since it is way up in Wisconsin.
You can read more about the expo here. Maybe you have one coming near you sometime soon.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
15 comments:
Love Sir Walter Raleigh! Great opportunity to see so many wonderful creations. Daughter and Mr. Creations drove through Wisconsin yesterday. I may be going in September. Might have to see where that shop is located!!!
Oh goodness that shop is WAY up in Wisconsin!!!
My quilting buddies and I went to the Expo in Lakeland this year. It was okay but the convention center where it was held really was not large enough. In the past it was held in Tampa with plenty of room to spare. So we ended up rushing through the crowded Lakeland show.
Looks like a great show. Love that3rd from the right Quilt of Valor!! You made some lovely purchases. Would LOVE to go to that shop! It's a bit far for me too :0)
Lucky you, would love to visit their booth. Love the fabrics and threads. Wonderful quilt show and I love the house quilts, what a fun idea for a challenge.
Debbie
How fun and exciting!!!!! What a fun day for you!!! Only 30 minutes in the PG booth??? LOL!!! I bet you still didn't see everything. You picked up some gorgeous fabric and threads!
We have one coming in October and I can't wait to get into the Primitive Gatherings. Booth. It's the main reason I go.
Some lovely quilts on show.
So glad you got to go; I was hoping to get there but, unfortunately, not this time. Thanks for taking me along through your photos! I do love that kit you bought.
Carrie, I go to the expo every year. Like you , I too wish I had a bigger budget and I purchase the most at the primitive gathering booth.
Thanks for sharing! I've always wanted to go but never had the chance. I would love to visit the Primitive Gatherings booth also. Your kit looks lovely!!
I Love the primitive gatherings also! It was my favorite booth at Paducah.
I love the colors in the kit you bought. I agree about the Primitive Gatherings booth, it's great! I was lucky enough to get to their shop once. It was a treat.
I do love a good quilt show.
Well poo! I was there on Friday! Would have been good to see you again. I concur, Primitive Gatherings was sooooooooo fabulous!
Post a Comment