Thursday night parts of North Carolina saw its first snow. I love the snow. Some years our area sees a lot of snow, other years not so much snow. Mr. P. and I would walk out on the porch as it was snowing to see some huge flakes. We also had snow thunder which was very odd. I dressed warmly the next morning to go outside to take some photos. I enjoyed walking around my yard exploring and taking photos of what ever caught my eye. It was so beautiful.
Somehow I caught this gold finch in mid air flying to the feeder.
We actually lost power around 5:30am and it wasn't turned back on until 11:00am. I sure am glad we have this wood burning stove to help keep the house warm. Our home is total electric so when the power goes off we always wait in anticipation for it to come back on. During the time the power was out I practiced my crocheting and did some more hand quilting on my daughter's quilt.Check out these tracks in the snow. These were very foreign to me and it took Mr. P. and I a while to figure what kind of animal left theses tracks. We did a little online searching and figured out these are running rabbit tracks.
Yesterday the mailman brought me a package all the way from Australia.
Jenny of Elefantz was having a giveaway of the new issue this Australian magazine. I was one of the winners. She also sent some lovely thread from Australia.
The reason she was having a giveaway was because she is featured in the magazine. If you read Jenny's blog you know how creative she is. She is so generous to share free patterns with us all too. I have made several of her patterns.
Thanks so much Jenny for the magazine and the thread. Can't wait to find the perfect project for the thread.
Now that we have power turned back on I might try to finish making the borders for Mr. P's quilt this weekend.
With Passion,
Carrie P.
27 comments:
You get snow and ours melts. It is suppose to be 49 degrees today but cold and snow the rest of the week.
Love your winnings.
Hugs
Glad you are enjoying the beautiful snow Carrie. Congratulations on your win from Jenny.
Love your snow and the pic of the nice toasty wood stove! I grew up with one like it and have fond memories.
Beautiful winter wonderland. Congrats on the big win, enjoy!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie
the snow is pretty.......enjoy it.......I love my wood fire.........
Great photo of the bird in mid air! Love your woodburner as well. I haven't seen them like that over here, but Ste's parents have one in Wales. Miss that:(
I was certainly jealous of the snow you all got in NC! We moved to Nashville from NC about 8 years ago, but we have lots of family still there. We only got a little ice here, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some snow before winter is over.
You really scored with Jenny's giveaway! I love her patterns - I'm diligently working my way through her Promises & Borders blocks - almost done!
Your snow is lovely! I'm sure the power outage was not, but so nice that you had the wood stove :-D We visited NC during the holidays, but my kids were disappointed that there was no snow at that time.
What an awesome picture of the "in-flight" gold finch. All the snow photos are fun for me. We only have had a light sheet of it this winter and it didn't last. We've had more cold than snow.
Lovely winter wonderland, but I do not miss it. Congrats on the win!
That's a really nice photo of the bird in flight- perfect timing!
Ooo, so many hours without electricity when it's so cold. I'm glad you have a wood burning stove!
That thread is so pretty. I'm off the check out Jenny's blog!
The snow is so pretty......from afar. :)
Your pictures are lovely. We`ve had no snow, just a long deep freeze that finally moved east. Brr.
pretty snow photos! Love the feeder shot.
what a nice giveaway prize - enjoy!
Beautiful photos Carrie , the snow is so pretty ! How nice to have won the magazine from Jenny , she does lovely designs and the thread will be wonderful to use.
Beautiful winter photos and we love our wood stove too....such warm heat. Congrats on your great win!
I love your snow pictures! The bird in flight is a special one! I'm so happy you won the goodies from Jenny - congratulations! I have just spent the last 45 minutes on her (new to me) blog looking at the great things she's created - happy morning!!
Thank you for letting me LOOK at your snow pictures. I don't want to be there myself, thank you very much! LOL. I saw that you are again a winner. As I've said before, and I will say again, you are the winningest person I know. I hope you buy a lottery ticket now and again... and then remember your friends when you win!
Those are some great photos Carrie P. Especially the finch in flight...wow. Congratulations on your win!
It's so beautiful. A perfect day to stay inside and stitch. Gotta get my hand on that mag with Jenny. She's such a doll and a true inspiration.
xx
Really enjoyed your winter pics...its lovely to look at & the rabbit tracks are so neat! Your wood stove looks so cozy and inviting. Thanks for sharing...I enjoy your blog!
All this back and forth between the 60's and the 30's is confusing. Pretty snow pictures. Let's hope we don't get too much more!
How beautiful your surroundings are, Carrie - and there is nothing better than a wood burning fire to go along with them! Those threads looks really yummy, too!
Cheers!
Snow is so beautiful, until you have to shovel it!
I love your snow photos! Especially with the finch in mid-flight. Congrats on the giveaway win!
Your pictures make me wish it would snow here. Almost. :P Congrats on the giveaway win-- I have no doubt you'll be putting those threads to good use!
Post a Comment